“Better to see something once than hear about it thousand times”
This phrase does complete justice to United Kingdom (UK), as every young and old Pakistanis have somewhere in their mind to visit this beautiful and ancient cultured place; this is not a single reason to visit UK but most of the Pakistanis want to visit UK as many of their loved ones either family or friends reside there permanently.
Due to these reasons, thousands of Pakistanis apply for a UK visitor visa every year and they face many hurdles in getting it. So, in this article we will discuss all the relevant information regarding documentations and visa requirements for UK visa in Pakistan.
I was lucky enough to have obtained a UK visa recently in my second attempt. I was refused when I applied for a UK visa back in 2016, but that was my own fault. I could not provide complete documents and did not fulfilled the requirements. but in second try, I got it, how I did it? let’s discuss and I am happy to share my experience with you.
Website for Visa Application
UK visitor visa is applied through an online process where we have to first create our account by logging in to the official website of UK immigration and then fill the visa application form and add all relevant information that’s asked in the online form, after we submit the form and pay the visa fee (94GBP = 19,000 PKR Est), we will have to print that form and go to the Gerry’s office to submit our visa application with all required documents. please visit the below link to apply for UK visa online.
Once you have filled visa application form, take its print out and go to the Gerry’s Visa Application Center and submitted it by hands. These centers are located in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad and Mirpur. Centers addresses and timing are mention in a table below:
UK Visa Application Centre Karachi
43/1/D, Razi road PECHS, Shahrah-e- Faisal Karachi
|Submission time, Monday to Friday 8:00 to 3:00 pm|
UK Visa Application Centre Lahore|
20 Ex American Centre Building,
Opposite Ganga Ram Hospital,
Queens Road, Lahore
|Document collection time,Monday to Friday 8:00 to 5:00 pm|
UK Visa Application Centre Islamabad|
Park Road, Chattha Bakhtawar Chak Shahzad, Islamabad
Nau Mahal Plaza,Near Foot Ball Square, Defense
From 11 May UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) will implement changes to the User Pays Visa Application Centre (VAC) Network. The User Pay VAC fee will be GBP 55.
Documents Required For Visit Visa
Following documents should be attached with visitor visa application:
- Original valid passport
- Photocopies of all pages with visa and stamp
- 2 passport size pictures
- CNIC copy (valid)
- Family registration certificate(FRC)
- Bank statement of last six months
- Bank maintenance certificate
- Covering letter with detailed itinerary
- Employment letter (if job) Or Business Document
- Salary slip of last three months
- Online income proof (I submitted this, you don’t need to)
- Property document (if you have)
- Flight reservation(optional)
- Hotel reservation(optional)
- Tax return of lat three months
- NTN certificate
If someone is inviting you in UK on visitor visa then sponsor’s passport copy and bank statement of last 6 months should be attached with above mention documents.
Points to Be Noted
- Always be truthful while submitting your visa application
- Purpose of travelling\visiting should be clearly mentioned
- Salary income and bank statement should be corresponding to each other, means it should not show any irrelevance.
- Taxes returns should also be matched to your actual income
- If any big transactions had been made in last 6 months then its proof and explanation should be provided
- Account balance should be as much as it covers all the expense of the trip and also same amount should be left in account.
- Show your home ties a mach as you can to consulate.
- Hotel reservation can be made by authenticated website like booking.com or Agoda.com as they not charge you before confirmation.
- If you are staying in someone’s house mention all the details of the house from address to number of bedroom, because consulates have very concerns regarding accommodation
The visa rejection rate on Pakistani passport is very high, therefore, you have to be truthful in your statements, and you will have to provide home ties and strong financial background while applying for a UK visa first time and you have to convince the visa officer, that you will come back on time after having a memorable visit to the UNITED KINGDOM.
The visa process takes around 10 to 15 days on average. You can apply for 6 months visitor’s visa, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years and 10 years visitor’s visas (All Multiple Entries) which have different fees that you can see on official website of UK government. once your visa is approved, you can visit all of the United Kingdom on that visa including England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, also Gibraltar, Jersey and Isle of Man.
In case, you need more information about UK visa process and requirements on Pakistani passport then I suggest you to watch this video which is in Urdu:
The good news is that, you can further visit many countries with a valid UK visa including Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Turkey (evisa), Albania, Montenegro, Macedonia, Georgia and Panama. therefore, keep your UK visa safe.
SO, be honest to yourself and to visa office and enjoy your trip to THE UNITED KINGDOM of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.