If you are a Pakistani passport holder and want to visit Malaysia then here you’ll find about all the requirements you need in order to get a visit visa to Malaysia which is also called “Social Pass”. Malaysia is one of the peaceful and economically established countries located in the Southeast Asia region bordering with Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. Malaysia has a visa-friendly policy for Pakistanis and they give visa easily to Pakistani passport holders. However, you must meet the minimum requirements before applying.
How to Get Malaysia Visa in Pakistan?
In order to obtain a visit visa to Malaysia, you can visit the Malaysian high commission located in Islamabad next to ministry of foreign affairs. All people from FATA, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Punjab should visit the high commission in Islamabad for obtaining a Malaysian visa.
Residents of Sindh and Baluchistan can visit Malaysian consulate located at DHA in Karachi. The following is the address and phone numbers of Malaysian consulate in Karachi.
Address: No. 7-A,
PHASE V, DHA KARACHI-75500
Telephone: (92 21) 3529 5618/19
Fax: (92 21) 3529 5614/17
GMT: +5 (3 hours behind Malaysia)
Work days: Monday to Friday: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Public Holidays: Saturday & Sunday
Requirements for Malaysian Visa
As I mentioned, you should meet the minimum requirements before applying for Malaysian visa, these are very basic (8) requirements and I think almost everyone can full fill these requirements who want to visit Malaysia. Below is the list of documents and things you need to bring during submitting your application:
- 1 (one) copy of Covering Letter (Individual or Institution – typed or written).
- 1 (one) Visa Application Form.
- 2 (two) recent photographs of applicant (passport size/white background).
- Original & photocopy of Pakistan National Identity Card (CNIC) (A4 size).
- Original passport & photocopy of passport (A4 size) validity of passport must be more than 6 (six) months during time of travel.
- Original copy of Bank statement/s for the last six (6) months (minimum Rs. 100,000) sufficient funds to cover expenses of individual or group travel (must be verified/certified by the issuing bank).
- Confirmed return airlines ticket for the propose travel.
- Visa Fee Rs.5000
How long will it take?
I got Malaysian visa stamped two times on my passport in last two years, and it took only 4 working days to get my passport back from Malaysian consulate in Karachi. However, in some cases it might take 7 working days for visa to be issued.If documents are not complete then they’ll not accept the application at the first place. But don’t worry, if you have the above mentioned documents then you should get your visa within 5 working days.
You can apply Malaysia visa through travel agency or via dropbox services. I always do it through Roomi Travels which is located in Gulshan e Iqbal Karachi near Nipa Churangi. I never had a problem with them. You can however find any other travel agency near your town. Let me know if you have any questions related to this post.